March 27, 2013 § Leave a comment
How do lovers sleep?
In a project called The Sleep of the Beloved, photographer Paul Schneggenburger captures a couple’s most intimate moment: their sleep. Using long-exposure photography he creates these ethereal, haunting, black & white images, where faces and limbs are combined in a single aura.
The beloved are photographed inside Paul’s studio, from midnight to six in the morning, in black sheets, under candle-light. The project is ongoing and you can take part by contacting the photographer.
June 15, 2011 § Leave a comment
Each city is a story of itself. It has its own character, scent and sound. In this fantastic graphic film by Grey Digital, some of the most iconic buildings of large cities in the world relate to each other, revealing a building skyline simulating waves sound.
May 2, 2011 § 1 Comment
Cool people are always at ease.
Black and white, beautifully lighted, these Andy Warhol screen tests manage to capture the essence of that place and time, those people, that revolutionary art movement.
Lou Reed drinks coke:
Nico reads a magazine:
Music by Dean and Britta.
See more screen tests (including Dennis Hopper and Edie Sedgewick at open culture.
May 2, 2011 § Leave a comment
Beautiful imagery. Indonesian native Djajakarta depicts what the mind can think and the eye can’t see.
See more photos after the jump « Read the rest of this entry »
April 5, 2011 § Leave a comment
It’s a jungle out there…
Etsy finds animal kingdom treasury list:
- What are you afraid of – Sculpture by alfalfalovesme
- the strange planet by thegoodmachinery
- Fred- Large Moose Trophy- White by CardboardSafari
- Mook with Aardvark Mask by ilovegreyskies
- Elebee (Elephant Bee)– Contemporary Folk Art Ornament– MADE TO ORDER by cartbeforethehorse
- Handmade Fabric Jewel Beetle Soft Sculpture – Coleoptera Made to Order by BlueTerracotta
- Smoking chicken… by OhMafelt
- Piergiorgio the whale – Handmade in Italy by contemori
- Orwell Clutch – Penny Copper Piggy Purse by tsurubride
- Retro rhinestone sparrow hat by janinebasil
- Rusty Foks by celapiu
- House Fly Pin by annarubyking
- The Lovely Kitten Tee – Made to order by ThePetiteChouette
- Heather Grey L/S Sweatshirt – Golden Owl by sealmaiden
- Animal Farm (series of 3) by MissCrowland
- Octopus silk screened cotton canvas throw pillow 18 inch black by utilitarianfranchise
March 9, 2011 § 3 Comments
File this under: incredibly amazing.
Sohei Nishino is a very persistent photographer, to say the least. He roamed the streets of London by foot, took 4000 photographs printed them in his dark room and created this collage by hand (with a little help of the old scissors and glue). The end result looks like an aerial view of London, faithful to its topography, although it is made up from street view snapshots.
And I repeat: incredibly amazing.
Part of the Guardian Eyewitness Series