March 25, 2013 § Leave a comment
I really don’t know how to explain this in a way that makes it justice so perhaps you should better visit tweetflight immediately. If you insist, though, here is my best try. Electro-folk (yes, this classification exists) group Brightly have released one of the most clever web-based music videos ever, for their song Preflight Nerves.
It is basically a lyrics video, but the words of the song are drawn (almost) real-time from tweets. Clever huh?
Taking the words / phrases out of the context of the tweet and into the song and vice-versa is very interesting; sometimes poignant, sometimes ironic, sometimes hilarious.
I am dying to create a self-referential loop by tweeting about this and appearing in the video!
- I can see my house from here
- The perfect gin ‘n’ tone
- 10 more ways to visualize lyrics
- 10 + 1 ways to visualize lyrics
August 30, 2011 § 1 Comment
Every 60 seconds, 168 million emails are sent, more than 13,000 iPhone applications are downloaded, over 600,000 search queries are made, more than 98,000 tweets and more than 1,500 blog posts are published.Pretty amazing, don’t you think?
July 31, 2011 § Leave a comment
July 6, 2011 § 2 Comments
Well, we all know that all social media can be extremely addictive, but each one with a completely different way. Patrick Moberg compares each one of them with popular drugs and alcoholic beverages:
via Design Taxi
June 2, 2011 § 2 Comments
How different will our digital life be in just four years from now? Watch this superb infographic video, “Digital Life: Today and Tomorrow,” created by NeoLabels and Inés Leopoldo to find out. It lasts almost 8 minutes, but worth every second.
April 27, 2011 § Leave a comment
Around the web in 9 links:
- Understanding Shakespeare through brain scans – boingboing
- What are Spomeniks? – core77
- Writer lose their virginity – the hairpin
- If aliens try to speak to us there will be no one to hear them: SETI shuts down – mercury news
- The last remaining typewriter manufacturer shuts down, too – dvice
- What’s a tittle? A peen? A petrichor? – buzzfeed
- The bench that tweets – yanko design
- The birth of a word – TED talks on youtube
- YouTube drawings (stars, views and all) – without you baby via quipsologies